Are you considering orthopedic physical therapy? Patients that get treated for injured bones, joints, tendons, or muscles through this type of rehabilitative care describe it as a life-changing experience. Read on to learn why you should consider scheduling an appointment with a skilled physical therapist at LAX chiropractic nearby.
What Is Orthopedic Physical Therapy?
When you visit our chiropractic center, our physical therapy (PT) specialists will help you get back on your feet in no time. We work with you to tailor the right plan, which targets each condition affecting your musculoskeletal system. PT’s pinpoint your pain and provide you with an accurate diagnosis by:
- Evaluating and determining an appropriate movement diagnosis
- Creating a treatment plan for a swift and fast recovery
- Administering therapeutic care for pain and discomfort
- We will educate you about how to manage your injury and prevent further damage
Conditions Treated with a Certified Orthopedic PT
Orthopedic PTs treat any condition that affects your range of motion on a day-to-day basis. We list several musculoskeletal health concerns below for a better understanding:
- Frozen Shoulder
- Knee Instability
- Lower Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Plantar Fasciitis
What is unique about Advanced Spine is our niche in sports medicine. Treatments relieve orthopedic concerns to help athletes recover from sports-related injuries. We work with patients using a multi-specialty approach to regain normal mobility after an accidental fall or surgery.
Your orthopedic PT will use a wide range of exercises, assistive devices, assessment tools, and modalities to make each visit comfortable. Each instrument intends to help you move better and feel healthier. Appointments may incorporate the following:
- Strengthening exercises
- Flexibility exercises
- Balance exercises
- Endurance exercises
Do You Need a Referral to See a PT?
If this is your first time visiting an orthopedic physical therapist, you might be wondering if you need a doctor’s referral. While your physical practitioner might recommend you schedule an appointment, you do not need to get a referral first in California. In The U.S., patients have a right to direct access. However, each state has set conditions and limits regarding the issue. For example, some states might limit the number of times you can visit an orthopedic PT for treatment per doctor’s orders. In others, the type of treatment you can request gets regulated by your physician.
How To Get the Best Results from Orthopedic PT?
With any treatment at a chiropractic center, what you do outside of physical therapy is just as vital as what you accomplish in it. To get the most out of each session, you should:
- Work with a PT you feel comfortable with; When you have a strong connection, he/she will have a better understanding of which elements to incorporate during your session.
- Ask questions about the processes and treatment plan when needed.
- Set a clear, realistic goal. Sometimes the results are not as immediate as you might expect.
- Know the threshold of your pain tolerance.
- Continue your home exercise plan.
- Even if you are feeling better, complete all your appointments.
Trying To Find a Physical Therapist Near LAX?
At Advanced Spine & Sports Medicine, we have over 20+ years of experience treating conditions and injuries that affect the musculoskeletal system. When you feel discomfort within your muscles, bones, or ligaments, you should give us a call! Our therapists will use several techniques to cut your pain in half during the first few visits.