A chiropractic adjustment is when a chiropractor uses either a small instrument or their hands for the application of a sudden and controlled force to one of the spinal joints. The goal of spinal manipulation is improving the motion of the spine and the physical function of the body. In most cases, a chiropractic adjustment near LAX includes:
- A short lever and high-velocity arm thrust to a specific vertebra
- A sensation of relief
- Joint excavation or the release of carbon dioxide, nitrogen and oxygen to relieve pressure on the joint
The best chiropractor near LAX will use more than one technique. The idea is to bring the bones encompassed by the joint back into a natural and normal fit. This may require only one adjustment or several may be necessary.
The Procedure for a Chiropractic Adjustment Near LAX
When you visit our chiropractor, you will discuss your issue and medical history and have an examination performed. Your diagnosis may require medical imaging. You will be placed on a chiropractic table to enable your treatment to be administered. Your position is dependent on your issue and diagnosis. The most common position is face down. This enables the chiropractor near LAX to perform an effective adjustment.
The directional, controlled thrust will most likely require two hands. The thrust was developed so the joint could be moved beyond the normal range of motion. This effectively helps with the repair of the subluxation. Although the chiropractic profession often involves spinal adjustments, the best chiropractor near LAX makes an adjustment to the pelvis along with standard treatment.
Some chiropractors also offer adjustments to the wrists, feet and knees. The most frequent issues seen by a chiropractor include pain in the neck and lower back and headaches. When a chiropractic adjustment is performed by a licensed and trained professional, any complications are usually minor.
You should not have a chiropractic adjustment if any of the following conditions are present.
- A loss of strength, tingling or numbness in a leg or arm
- A high risk of stroke
- Severe osteoporosis
- A bone abnormality located in the upper neck
- Cancer located in the spine
What to Expect from a Chiropractic Treatment
A chiropractic adjustment does not require any special preparation. Seeing a chiropractor near LAX may require a series of treatments. In most cases, improvement is seen within six to ten sessions. Your health insurance policy may or may not cover the cost of your care. Some policies will pay for a specific number of treatments in a predetermined period.
During your chiropractic adjustment, special attention will be paid to your spine. The chiropractor may also suggest additional tests or examinations including x-rays. The chiropractor near LAX will place you in the appropriate position for treating the area affected. The majority of chiropractic tables are padded to help ensure your comfort. When your joints are being moved, you may hear a cracking or popping sound.
Once your adjustment has been completed, you may experience some very minor side effects for a couple of days. This may include pain in the areas of your body that were targeted, fatigue or headaches.
A chiropractic adjustment near LAX can effectively treat the pain in your lower back. Some studies have shown a spinal manipulation is also an effective option for conditions related to the spine including neck pain and headaches. No two individuals will respond in the exact same way to a chiropractic adjustment. Your results are also dependent on your specific situation. Your symptoms should show improvement within a few weeks.
The Benefits of Sessions with the Best Chiropractor Near LAX
A chiropractor helps your body heal naturally. The majority of other options include injection therapy, surgery or medications. A chiropractor provides the care your body needs to recover naturally.
- Chiropractic care can enhance your immunity. According to the latest studies, chiropractic adjustments often boost the antibodies associated with your immune response and regulate your pro-inflammatory cytokines. Chiropractic care can also increase your leukocyte production. This is what helps your white blood cells fight disease.
- Chiropractic care can improve the quality of your sleep, Once your spinal pain has been eliminated, you will sleep a lot better. This will enable you to feel much more focused and energized.
- Chiropractic care can decrease your digestive issues. If you are experiencing a difficult time regarding your digestion, regular visits to a chiropractor can often decrease all of your symptoms.
- A chiropractor can lower your blood pressure. When your spine is not properly aligned, your body functions are not correctly maintained including your blood pressure. This increases your risk for numerous different health issues.
- Your balance can be improved by a chiropractor. Balance is easier when your spine is healthy and durable. This can potentially prevent an injury resulting from poor balance such as a fall.
8810 South Sepulveda Blvd Los Angeles,
FREE PARKING BEHIND BUILDING
Have a question? Contact us today. We welcome patients from all over the world and would like to help you look your best. Whether it’s regarding a small headache or post-surgical rehab, Dr. Korayem is experienced and will be able to recommend what’s best for you.
8810 South Sepulveda Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90045